14 April 2012

Blade In Hong Kong



United States - 1985
Director - Reza Badiyi
Interglobal Homer Video, 1989, VHS
Run Time - 1 hour, 34 minutes

I wish I could end my contribution to this whole Hong debacle with something awesome, humorous or intelligent to say about James Hong's presence in this film. Frankly I wish I could say anything about the film at all. It seems so ripe for asinine drunken ranting thanks to a title that features the actor's name and a plot that appears on its surface to welcome disdain. Iranian American director Badivi was a prolific force in television during his life, helming numerous episodes of shows as diverse as Baywatch, Hawaii Five-O, Mission: Impossible, Cagney & Lacey, Mortal Kombat and Start Trek DS9. This movie just begs to be watched.

Unfortunately the tape was fried. I popped it in the old Video Cassette Recorder and the picture just rolled and rolled and rolled like a toddler at a grade-school gymnastics show. So bad that the audio track wouldn't work and the static prevented me even seeing much of anything. I'm gonna try and burn it to DVD and see if that will take care of the problem, (it often does,) but until then, Leslie and James will have to wait.

I want to thank all the writers (and artists) who participated in Week of Hong. Like our prior events it is always a privilege to have such enthusiastic people wax poetic about such seemingly trivial things. I hope that they, our readers and new writers will be inspired to share their thoughts in upcoming events! Contact us here at Lost Video Archive to participate, more is coming soon!


Week of Hong Contributors
Lost Video Archive - Teen Lust, Gladiator Cop, Cyber Bandits and Blade in Hong Kong

1 comment:

Ty said...

Happy that Hong week was a success! Looking forward to your next event. We will participate.